On July 13, 2009 VMware announced the general availability of AppSpeed. Pricing is $1,250 per physical processor. VMware claims the following benefits for AppSpeed:
- Service-level reporting and proactive performance management for multi-tier applications running in virtual machines
- Visibility into how application performance depends on the different tiers of virtual and physical infrastructure.
- Discovery, monitoring, and reporting within minutes of installation/download
- Increase application performance and uptime
- Troubleshoot and resolve performance issues more quickly, saving hours of administrative time
- Virtualize more machines at a faster rate
For a complete analysis of AppSpeed and how it will impact the virtualization performance management market, please read “VMware AppSpeed Due to Shake up the Virtualization Performance Management Landscape”