Login VSI B.V. have announced the availability of Login VSI 3.7, the latest version of the performance and scalability testing tool for Virtual Desktop Infrastructures and Server Based Computing environments.
This latest release means that Login VSI 3.7 has out-of-the-box support for simulating user workloads to test the performance of VDI and SBC environments based on Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 and Microsoft Office 2013. In addition, Login VSI also introduces support for Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
New features in Login VSI Pro 3.7 and Login VSI Express 3.7
- Microsoft Windows 8 support
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 support
- Microsoft Office 2013 support
- Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure support
- Pre-configured language profiles for English, Japanese, German and Dutch
- Core workload extended with timers, allowing custom workloads to be analyzed in more detail
New features in Login VSI Express 3.7 (already available in Login VSI Pro 3.x)
- Non-English Microsoft Windows OS support
- Non-English Microsoft Office support
The new version of Login VSI Express is free for all (the free version allows testing up to 50 typical knowledge workers). The new version of Login VSI Pro is available to all customers on active support and maintenance.
Here at The Virtualization Practice we’re all for testing using standard tools. Citrix use this independently developed tool for their performance testing, as do a number of hardware manufacturers. Ideally whenever you’re testing an architecture or configuration you also use such an independently written tool to allow for comparison and validation.
Login VSI 3.7 can be downloaded as of today at www.loginvsi.com/download.