The Virtualization Practice is moving to the cloud and have the following base requirements:
- Migration take place via replication so that we can stay running until the cut-off time
- Our current network structure for the work loads be maintained (as close as possible)
- Our current security policies be enforced even within the cloud
- Out current performance monitoring capabilities be available within the cloud
- Migration take place to a secure (encrypted) container from which we can launch our work loads
- Any movement between storage components within the cloud take place from one secure container to another
The underlying environment for The Virtualization Practice is a 100% Virtualized Environment based on VMware vSphere. The Virtualization Practice is looking to create a hybrid cloud environment.
As we move further into this process, this page will be updated.