Xangati for ESX is a line of virtual appliances providing real-time, continuous visibility into the activity of a VMware ESX/ESXi host, its virtual machines (VMs) and the infrastructure resources they use. Xangati for ESX products uniquely display the relationships between your VMs and other resources on your infrastructure in a continuous manner to answer questions including:
- What is a VM doing?
- What applications is it running and how much CPU and memory is it using?
- What storage is being accessed and what is the latency?
- Which end users are accessing the VM?
Xangati for ESX comes in two versions:
Xangati for ESX: A free tool designed for smaller scale environments with only a few ESX/ESXi hosts. This is a great tool to understand the value Xangati products can provide and it is recommended to put it on an ESX you want deeper visibility into. It provides:
- Auto discovery and naming of ESX/ESXiâ€™s VMs and applications
- Continuous, real-time visibility into over 100 metrics on an ESX/ESXi host and its VMs activity including communications, CPU, memory, disk and storage latency
- DVR recording and replaying of activity with scroll-bar
- Visibility into vSwitch communications
- 12 weeks of historical reporting on named identities
Xangati for ESX Pro: This version extends the visibility offered by Xangati for ESX with integration to VMware vCenter so alarms/alerts will automatically trigger DVR recordings. Xangati for ESX Pro also supports more named identities and offers integration to Xangati Management Dashboards. It provides:
- All of the features of Xangati for ESX
- DVR recordings triggered by vCenter alerts
- Additional named identities for reporting
- Integration with Xangati Management Dashboards for enterprise-wide visibility across multiple ESX/ESXi hosts and physical infrastructure
Xangati Management Dashboards
Xangati Management Dashboards provide performance insight into multiple ESX/ESXi hosts, VMs, storage, network, applications and end-user devices across virtual and the supporting physical infrastructure. The Xangati Management Dashboard answers questions such as:
- Which hosts have the highest storage latency?
- Which VMS are using the most memory?
- What applications and desktops are running in which VMs?
- Who is using what application?
- How much storage is each VM using right now?
With Xangati Management Dashboards you troubleshoot, design and optimize your infrastructure to overcome VM stall and accelerate your virtualization initiatives:
- Save time by troubleshooting performance problems up to 10X faster with live, dynamic drill-down navigation showing actual activity instead of averages
- Design superior deployments using virtual and physical communication profiles and extensive storage latency, CPU and memory statistics
- Reduce costs by optimizing performance with live physical and virtual communications presented in the same pane of glass