Virtual Server Backup
Virtual Backup Protection Has Become a Reality. Protect your data across virtual and conventional environments.
If you’re like most organizations, you’re looking for ways to consolidate your physical infrastructure while reducing hardware, power, and cooling expenses. At the same time, you want to improve productivity. The solution? Integrate virtualization into your strategy. There are many advantages to virtual environments, and they all start with our DXi disk-based products with vmPRO software and vmPRO appliance solutions.
Virtualized Environments Create Unique Data Protection Challenges
As more corporate applications and data sets move to virtual machines, IT organizations increasingly confront the problem of how to integrate VM protection into their established backup, DR and retention processes. Most of the options usually offered have limitations. Backing up VMs as if they were physical servers can strain server and network resources, deploying VM-specific agents can be expensive, and adding new, VM-specific backup applications is complex, costly, and often doesn’t support DR and long term retention policies already in place.
Why Choose Quantum for Virtual Server Backup?
Quantum’s vmPRO solutions provide a unique view into your virtualized environment, and provide a platform for users to consolidate all of their backup, replication, and long-term retention across physical and virtual servers. Combined with Quantum’s DXi disk based backup appliances, customers will have the industry’s most effective deduplication rates, fastest backup performance and improved DR capabilities.
Quantum’s vmPRO software provides a unique solution for the data center needing to integrate VM data protection. It works as a turnkey solution, or integrates with users’ existing backup applications. Quantum’s vmPRO software will simplify and accelerate backups, restores and DR protection for virtual machine environments while preserving existing investment in legacy backup applications.
Are you a small to medium business trying to manage virtual machine data protection? Do you have remote locations with dated or no data protection for those virtual machines? No problem. Quantum has the answer for that too. The vmPRO 4000 is a complete data protection solution that combines turnkey simplicity with advanced VM protection technology and market leading value. It’s an all-in-one protection solution for virtual machines in SMBs and remote offices that includes both backup software and storage that leverages deduplication to retain months of data
Keep Business Operations Up to Speed
It can be a challenge deciding the best way to protect a virtual environment. But by simply implementing the DXi-Series and vmPRO software and vmPRO appliances, you easily enable rapid recovery from events like backup interruptions and data loss. And while remote replication can typically be expensive, deduplication makes it more affordable due to the reduction of transferred data. After all, the goal is to keep your business moving forward, without unnecessary complications.
The DXi V1000 is a virtual appliance that combines the power of deduplication functionality with the simplicity and flexibility of virtual machines to provide affordable backup and DR protection for distributed sites, small businesses and cloud deployments.
Key Features and Benefits
- Protects up to 2TB of customer data on any physical or virtual server
- Seamless DR Protection – replicates to any other DXi appliance or cloud protection services
- Integrates easily with all leading backup software applications
- Easy, non-disruptive deployment
- Powerful deduplication for both virtual and physical servers centralizing protection to reduce costs and complexity
- Virtual appliance-based backup design eliminates agents and extra servers
- Using inline deduplication, can backup 2TB of data in 2.5 hours
Quantum’s DXi V1000 is the first solution in the industry to combine the power and flexibility of target-based deduplication with the simplicity and affordability of a virtual appliance using the IT infrastructure already in place. It works with any backup software to protect up to 2TB of data on any physical and virtual servers, just like a physical deduplication appliance. For DR protection, it can replicate to any other DXI appliance, DXi V1000 included, or to a cloud protection service. But DXi V1000 is a virtual appliance—a self-contained software module that deploys in any VMware environment. Finally, DXi V1000 provides extensibility for a cloud-connected architecture, giving users a local copy of data while their backup copy resides within the cloud and dramatically reduces storage requirements locally and in the cloud
The vmPRO 4000 is a complete data protection solution that combines turnkey simplicity with advanced VM protection technology and market leading value. It’s an all-in-one protection solution for virtual machines in SMBs and remote offices that includes both backup software and storage that leverages deduplication to retain months of data. Industry leading data reduction, fast backup and restore, simple deployment—all at an affordable price.
Key Features and Benefits
- Backup software and storage all in one, integrated solution optimized for SMB’s and remote offices
- Includes deduplication for long term retention of data on disk and integrated replication capability for automated DR protection compatible with DXi appliances for distributed environments
- Two models – the vmPRO 4510 with 2TB usable capacity and the vmPRO 4601—the industry’s first capacity-on-demand deduplication appliance with up to 12TB usable capacity
- vmPRO 4601 scales from 4 to 12TB by simply activating a license key—no need for a service visit or reconfiguring racks
- Progressive optimization technology filters out inactive data for maximum performance and resource utilization
- Virtual appliance based backup approach eliminates agents and extra servers
- One affordable price includes all software and hardware for a complete protection system
- Single point of service and support for the entire solution set, including on-site and phone support
The vmPRO 4000 provides the industry’s highest level of overall value. One affordable price gives users everything they need for protecting all their VMs, with no hidden costs or extra charges. The deployment process is fast and easy, with automated discovery of VMs, simple scheduling options, and secure remote administration for multiple units. For sites using conventional backup apps, the vmPRO 4000 improves the effectiveness of legacy backup applications for VMs and can consolidate protection for both physical and virtual servers.
The vmPRO 4000 is supported by Quantum and the industry’s largest and most experienced service team dedicated to backup, recovery and archive.
Quantum’s vmPRO software is an affordable, easy-to-deploy solution that works with DXi appliances and users’ existing backup applications to integrate VM backup and recovery into users’ existing data protection processes.
Key Features and Benefits
- Provides direct, file system level view of VMs to third party software for simple integration into existing backup processes
- Light weight application runs as a virtual appliance, elimination cost and complexity of additional servers
- Auto-discovers all VMs – active and inactive – to make management of dynamic environments faster and easier
- Filters out inactive data to reduce backup volumes by up to 75% – accelerating backups, reduces resource loads, provides more effective deduplication
- Provides fast, flexible VM and Single File Recovery
- Works with DXi appliances providing more effective deduplication, full support for replication, direct path-to-tape, distributed deduplication and centralized management
Quantum’s vmPRO software provides a unique solution for the data center needing to integrate VM protection. It works as a turnkey solution, or in combination with users’ existing backup applications, in conjunction with DXi appliances to simplify and accelerate backup, restore and DR protection for virtual machine environments.
As more corporate applications and data sets move to virtual machines, IT organizations increasingly confront the problem of how to integrate VM protection into their established backup, DR and retention processes. Most of the options usually offered have limitations. Backing up VMs as if they were physical servers can strain server and network resources, deploying VM-specific agents can be expensive, and adding new, VM-specific backup applications is complex, costly, and often doesn’t support DR and long term retention.
The combination of Quantum’s vmPRO software and DXi appliances provides the industry’s most effective deduplication rates and the fastest VM recovery, and it provides a platform for users to consolidate all of their backup, replication, and long-term retention across physical and virtual servers.
Business-Class Cloud Based Data Protection Solutions for SMB and Distributed Sites
Many cloud storage solutions are primarily consumer-oriented services that do not provide the security, service, or performance businesses need. Or, they may not work with your existing infrastructure, requiring a complete rip and replace strategy.
Q-Cloud™ provides the following:
- Business-Class Cloud: Simplify backup and disaster recovery for physical and virtual environments
- Cost-Efficiency: Business-class data protection at consumer pricing
- Simple Integration: Integrates seamlessly with your existing solution with no modification required
- Peace of Mind: Security, simplicity, and reliability businesses require
- Lower Risk: Protect more of your data and for longer time
Business-Class Backup and DR
Current consumer cloud options typically do not provide the critical SLA’s or the security that businesses require and storage array-based replication is extremely expensive to implement. Mid-size or large enterprises now have an easy way to bring cloud based, business level backup and DR solutions to your remote sites without replicating back to their primary data center. Using Q-Cloud, you can go directly from edge to cloud, and avoid using primary resources for backup and DR. If you are a smaller business, and lack a cost effective DR solution, you can now be certain you’ll be protected with true disaster recovery in the cloud with Q-Cloud.
Cost Efficiency. Business-Class Data Protection at Consumer Pricing
The Quantum Q-Cloud subscription based solution gives both large and small customers business class data protection and recovery at a consumer cloud price point. Taking advantage of Quantum’s patented deduplication technology, Q-Cloud can be delivered from 1 – 5 cents per GB/month1. Most consumer cloud services range in price from 10 – 48 cents per GB/month, and none provide deduplication, which means you’ll pay much more to store the same amount of data. Subscription pricing means you pay on a monthly basis for only what you need now with the capability to grow when you want it. Convert your CAPEX into OPEX, giving your business more agility for capital uses.
Cost Efficiency. Edge-to-Cloud Innovation
Experience significant cost savings when you replicate from remote sites to the cloud. An edge-to-cloud solution doesn’t consume primary resources for backup and DR, avoids costs associated with dedicated equipment on your core site, eliminates costs associated with moving data back to the primary data center, and reduces IT staff requirements.
Simple Integration: Investment Protection
Q-Cloud works with your existing environment today and wherever you may be headed in the future, which means you don’t need to get rid of your existing data protection infrastructure, enabling you to adopt the solution at your pace and grow with your business. Q-Cloud protects both physical and virtual environments, is scalable from 1TB up to more than 1PB allowing your business to stay flexible for future technologies and avoid vendor lock-in. Simple, intuitive management tools easily integrate into your existing environment and all you to proactively manage your data.
Peace of Mind
Q-Cloud also provides the convenience and reliability of having a local copy PLUS an offsite copy in the cloud. When this service is combined with the customer’s on–premise DXi, they get the speed and convenience of local recovery with the security of a cloud based backup and DR solution. In addition, our end to end encryption ensures your data is protected— from the moment you create it until you expire it — even in transit and while at rest. We’ll help you meet the highest compliance requirements, even for financial and medical industries.
The unique combination of vmPRO and DXi provides up to 95% data reduction of your virtual and physical data sets giving you maximum disk efficiencies locally and in cloud-based deployments. With replication features built in, Q–Cloud dramatically reduces the amount of bandwidth required to get data offsite and into the cloud. For capacities under 2TB, Q–Cloud can be part of an all virtual solution as a local software only appliance, enabling you to get up and running quickly.
- Virtualizing Business Critical Applications: Data Protection
- Technology Roundup: Security and Data Protection
- A Secure Cloud Framework for Non-Clouds
- Datasores: Where are yours?
- Data Protection for Free: What are the Limits
- Move to the Cloud: Wait Out the Storm
- New Breed of Replication Receiver Clouds
- OpenStack: What it is not….
- Tenant and Multi-Tenant Security: Its all about Scope
- Future Proofing Data Protection: Approaching Fast!