The HighCloud Solution safely encapsulates any server’s virtual machine (VM) image so it is protected from unauthorized exposure throughout its lifecycle. This protection applies inside the data center as well as when the VM is being run on a remote host or in the Cloud. With HighCloud Security, if a VM were lost or stolen, an unauthorized user could not run it or dissect it to expose sensitive data. Only authenticated and authorized users can execute the VM, which includes an audit trail of its use. At all times, the organization’s IT staff remain in control of the use of the VM – wherever it might be.
HighCloud Security encrypts and protects virtual machines in data centers and public clouds through encryption, key, and policy management. Virtual machines and their data are protected throughout their entire lifecycle from the point they are created and deployed all the way through to when they are securely deprovisioned. In addition to protecting operating system and application data, HighCloud’s unique approach also protects memory files, copies, snapshots, and templates. The encryption process is completely transparent to end-users and extremely simple for IT staff to deploy with no agent installation required within the virtual machines. HighCloud Security features centralized key and policy management allowing you to manage your deployment from one place regardless of size and complexity.
Secure Virtual Machines
- Transparently encrypt virtual machines
- Protection in storage, in transit, and in backups
- Supported in data centers, private and public clouds
Key and Policy Management
- Security-hardened key manager for the highest level of protection
- Easy-to-use policy-based key management requiring no knowledge of keys and cryptography
- Transparent initial encryption deployment and re-keying enabling zero application downtime
- Role-based administration with separation of duties and multi-tenancy
Auditing, Reporting, and Compliance
- Auditing and reporting of all administrative and virtual machine runtime activities
- Capable of meeting legislative and regulatory compliance requirements
- Support for external log systems
- Easily scalable to large enterprise and multi-tenant cloud environments
- Integrate seamlessly with existing DAS, NAS, or SAN storage systems for rapid deployment
- Automatically restore protected virtual machines into production, backup and DR environments
- Deduplication of virtual machines for space efficiency and reduced costs
HighCloud Security offers patent-pending software technology for the protection of information in virtual machines and cloud environments through encryption prior to storage. The solution consists of two main components. The first is the Key & Policy Server used for provisioning the entire solution. This includes initial deployment and configuration, auditing and reporting, backup and disaster recovery, expansion of existing deployments, and deprovisioning. The second is the Virtual Machine Vault which encrypts information between the virtual machine hypervisor and storage system on-the-fly with negligible performance impact. The complete solution provides the ability to protect the wide range of virtualized and cloud environments enterprises are managing today.