CloudBolt Command and Control (C2) is Controlled IT Self Service software that enables organizations to present IT resources to end users in a controlled and scalable manner, while also leveraging existing business and IT organization policies, practices, and processes. Implementing CloudBolt C2 Controlled IT Self Service takes minutes, not days or weeks, so IT organizations are closer to enabling Private and Hybrid Cloud computing environments, and gaining advanced enterprise capabilities that increase agility, save money by controlling costs, and drastically increase the level of service to lines of business.
Delivered as an on-premises virtual appliance, CloudBolt C2 is vendor-agnostic, supporting the industry-leading virtualization technologies, provisioning systems, orchestration tools, and server management solutions that organizations are already using. C2 is designed to be ultimately flexible, and allows for the easy integration and support for additional vendors and technology providers as they arise. The C2 interface is highly customizable, and presents users with ordering forms that ask questions they will understand.
Only C2 Controlled IT Self Service enables IT in a Business Context, effectively layering organizational structure across all C2-managed IT resources regardless of location, and providing cost transparency reporting to the lines of business IT organizations are tasked with supporting. C2 enables IT organizations to track resource life cycles, and through a single pane-of-glass IT management portal, present powerful reporting capabilities that ensure IT organizations can easily answer the difficult questions that business are asking.
Our Controlled IT Self Service Portal unifies existing virtualization and other technologies to create a controlled private and hybrid cloud-computing environment.
Advanced Business Benefits
CloudBolt Command and Control (C2) enables IT Organizations to transform existing compute resources into scalable infrastructure as a service while leveraging current business and IT Organization policies, practices, and processes. At the core of C2 is an elegant data model, an orchestration engine, and the C2 abstraction layer that enable enterprise organizations to achieve a wide range of business benefits.
CloudBolt C2 enables “IT in a Business Context,” which enables IT Organizations to answer the difficult questions that lines of business demand answers to, while also immediately improving the level of service to lines of business.
- Chargeback and Showback Cost Accounting
- Improve IT Responsiveness
- Increase Value From Existing Technology Investments
- Line of Business Cost Transparency
- Market Leading Time-to-Value
- Readily Adopt Disruptive Technologies
- Reduce Time-to-Cloud Enablement
- Reduce Vendor Lock-In
Core and Managements Features of Self-Service IT Portal & Cloud Manager
Whether you’re managing 100 or 10,000 servers using C2, the advanced core features and management capabilities ensure that C2 is the best fit for your business. By consolidating all IT resources into a single pane-of-glass view, IT management and Business Management alike gain the ability to look at, and measure the productivity of the enterprise in whole new ways.
“Most Rapid Time to Value of Any Cloud Manager Available” –Industry Analyst
- 20 Minute Installation and Configuration
- Auto-Discovery of Existing Resources
- Automate Provisioning Processes
- Automated Workflows
- Built-In Approval Engine
- Built-in Service Catalog
- Chargeback & Showback Cost Accounting
- Self-Testing with the Cloud Supply Chain Validator (CSCV)
- Customizable Data-Driven Interface
- Extensive Reporting
- External Authentication Support
- External Workflow Support
- Granular Permissioning Model
- Group Management
- Identify, Track, Provision and Decommission VMs
- Intuitive User Interface
- IT Self-Service Portal
- Map View of DataCenters and Capacity
- Multi-Cloud Management
- Multi-Portal Support
- Network Assignment
- Orchestration Hooks for External Integration
- Present Existing Resources as IaaS
- RESTful API
- Single Pane-of-Glass IT Management
- Software License Tracking and Management
Integration Features of Multi-Cloud Manager
CloudBolt C2 is a capable multi-cloud manager that integrates with a variety of industry-leading virtualization platforms, private cloud frameworks, public cloud providers, data center automation tools, and more. The CloudBolt C2 Architecture has a powerful abstraction layer which allows for the rapid development and support of additional connectors. In many cases, the development of new integrations takes weeks, not months or longer.
IT Self Service is the core of Cloud. Only Controlled IT Self Service enables IT Organizations to use their existing technology investments, processes, and procedures to rapidly implement a private and hybrid cloud-computing environment.
- Virtualization Managers
- C2 layers on top of your existing Virtualization Management systems. Whether your environment is comprised of a single platform, or a heterogeneous mix of virtualization and cloud technologies, C2 enables you to ensure every VM resource is identified, tracked, and leveraged for maximum efficiency. Each asset category is turned into a manageable resource pool, provisioned and allocated on demand according to existing business policies, and procedures.
- Currently Supported VMs:
- VMWare vCenter
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV-M)
- Citrix XenServer
- Automation and Configuration Management Systems
- Present Users Lists of Available Applications
- Currently Supported DCA and CM tools:
- HP Server Automation (formerly Opsware)
- Puppet Configuration Management
- Public Cloud Frameworks
- Offer Secure and Governed Access to Public Cloud Resources
- Give your users the ability to request and deploy resources into public clouds as if they were managed in your own environment. C2 gives you visibility into and control of public cloud deployments, and helps you keep track and meter your public cloud usage. Integrated cost accounting and reporting features ensure that end users and groups can track their usage costs for consuming various public cloud resources. C2 seamlessly presents resources from public cloud providers including:
- Amazon Web Services
- Verizon Terremark
- Rackspace Cloud
- Private Cloud Frameworks
- Unify Private Cloud Implementations with Virtualization Environments
- C2 can front-end private cloud frameworks as well. C2 enables you to provide your users the same Self Service access to private cloud resources as Virtualization Platforms. All of the management benefits of C2 apply to Private Clouds as well.
- Currently Supported Private Cloud Frameworks:
- External Orchestrators
- Import Flows and Their Parameters, Run Flows on Servers, or as Part of C2 Orchestration Hooks
- Seamlessly integrate Operations Orchestration or Run Book Automation systems into your IT Self Service portal.
- C2 currently supports:
- HP Operations Orchestration
- vCloud Orchestrator
- C2 currently supports:
- Provisioning Engines
- Organizations that do not wish to use virtualization templates can integrate a Provisioning Engine with C2, and C2 will automate the installation of the requested Operating System and Applications onto the Virtual Machine or bare metal server.
- Currently Supported Provisioning Engines:
- HP Server Automation (formerly Opsware)
- Network Virtualization Management
- Create a New Software-Defined Network (SDN), and Deploy New Servers Into it From One User Interface
- Exposing network options, model environments, and isolation of VLANs or virtual networks by group or environment means that virtual machines are only able to access networks specified by Administrators, ensuring continued isolation for sensitive applications, systems, data, and groups. C2 can directly manage network virtualization tools. Administrators can create new cross environment networks from within C2, and assign groups and environments access to virtualized networks.
- Currently supported Network Virtualization Platforms:
- VMware NSX (Formerly Nicira NVP)
– Bare-Metal Hardware
- Coupled with a Provisioning Engine, C2 can manage and Provision any bare metal hardware that has an IPMI or HP Integrated Lights Out management interface. Upon user request, C2 can direct the Provisioning Engine to reinstall the bare metal with an OS of choice, and then make that system available to a user.
- Storage Management System Integration
- Automate Storage Provisioning is available with C2.
- Use Orchestration Hooks to automatically provision storage from industry leading storage vendors such as:
- If your storage vendor has an API that allows remote management, we can make it work with C2.